EAL Homepage > Curriculum > Primary Curriculum
Macmillan EAL - Primary Curriculum
Written by UK based experts in the field of primary education, Macmillan Mathematics and Macmillan Science each follow current best practice in Maths and Science education while practising crucial language skills.
- Solid structure means the subject of mathematics is covered systematically and comprehensively
- One concept per lesson helps pupils to assimilate their learning before moving on
- Tasks help children to apply what they've learnt to the real world
- Clear, concise explanations of concepts with a wealth of examples, exercises and word problems support learning and teaching
- Try this boxes give extra challenge to fast finishers and a chance for more practice
- Assessment at the end of every unit means teachers can review progress regularly
- CD-ROM with 90 practice activities for each grade provides further consolidation
- One-per-term Combined Pupil's Book and Workbook
- Teacher's Book with full-colour pages from the Pupil's Books gives the teacher everything they need to complete their subject teaching and support their EAL students
Click here to find out more about Macmillan Mathematics
- Investigative hands-on approach to learning through practical activities makes the lessons memorable and enjoyable
- Each lesson starts with stimuli from the children's environment
- Comprehensive syllabus ensures knowledge of the key areas is built up gradually and thoroughly
- Clear learning outcomes make the purpose of each unit clear to teachers and pupils
- Key word boxes highlight difficult vocabulary
- A glossary explaining key words encourages learner independence
- CD-ROM for each level includes over 100 practice activities, as well as simulated experiments which allow pupils to try out things that are not possible in the classroom
More information coming soon!
Macmillan Natural Science
Macmillan Natural and Social Science is a new six-level course for children studying science in English.
Levels 1 & 2 develop children's knowledge of science, history and geography and provide systematic development of English language skills.
The activities are varied in their approach to provide a motivating stimulus to the children's learning and cater for difference in learning styles. Concepts are presented in context in a variety of ways:
- Stories and songs
- Digital presentations, animations and simulations
- Observation and investigation
- Hands on experiments
Language and vocabulary are carefully graded and introduced within the scientific context. The language is integrated into each topic and summarized at the start of each lesson, while building on all four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing.