About the scholarship
Supporting you in your professional development as teaching evolves is an important part of what we do at Macmillan Education. Whether it's through attending conferences, working collaboratively with colleagues or discovering articles through sites like onestopenglish, we believe the best teachers are constantly learning. And we feel that as your teaching develops, so do your students.
Formerly named the onestopenglish scholarship, this year’s Macmillan Education Scholarship is open to English language teachers at all levels. The scholarship aims to support a teacher in their professional development by offering the exclusive opportunity to be mentored by the Macmillan Education Teacher Professional Development team, attend the IATEFL Annual Conference, and receive sponsorship to present a talk at IATEFL.
The scholarship award consists of:
- registration for a Pre-Conference Event of your choice
- registration for the IATEFL 2017 Conference in Glasgow
- a year's IATEFL membership
- a year's onestopenglish membership (or, for existing members of onestopenglish, a 12 month extension to your subscription)
- £800 towards conference related costs (including travel, accommodation and expenses)
- sponsorship and mentoring from Macmillan Education to present a talk at IATEFL (including support to develop your talk proposal and presentation training)
Applying for the Macmillan Education Scholarship
Open to English language teachers at all levels, to qualify for the scholarship, you’ll need to submit a speaker proposal by the IATEFL closing date of July 21st 2016.
Alongside a speaker proposal for the Glasgow 2017 IATEFL Conference, as an applicant you’ll be asked to give us an example of how you’ve encouraged your students to develop as independent learners and tell us why you think your speaker presentation is worth sharing!
Full guidelines on the scholarship, alongside information on how to apply can be found on the IATEFL website:
Full scholarship guidelines
How to apply