English World Secondary Levels
A ten-level course from primary through to secondary
English World (Levels 7-10) is the second part of a 10-level course from primary to the end of secondary education, designed to help teenage learners develop a sound understanding of how the English language works.
English World is a visually stunning ten-level course which will take children through from Primary to Secondary. Written by the authors of best-sellers Way Ahead and Macmillan English, English World combines best practice methodology with innovative new features for the modern classroom. Active whole class learning is supported by vibrant posters and interactive activities on the DVD-ROM. Thorough grammar and skills work is applied in natural contexts in the real world, through dialogues and cross-curricular material. English World provides a complete package for today’s teachers and pupils.
- Grammar is clearly presented in context through the reading text and further consolidated through each unit with extra practice on form and function.
- To facilitate the transition from primary to secondary learning, a Level 7 course-specific dictionary is included to help students consolidate knowledge of grammatical structures.
- Exam Practice Books provide exam preparation and test activities, as well as self-assessment tick boxes to encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- The Skills and Reference Dictionary contains a wealth of useful information, including grammar references and wordlists that help students develop their own strategies for future learning.
- A Workbook CD-ROM offers useful student support, including student audio material, a pronunciation chart and interactive games that encourage learner independence.
The English World Student’s Book develops language skills through the exploration of real-world topics and develops critical thinking and independent learning. The book contains a broad range of task-types that develop the four core skills and are reinforced through the fun and engaging activities in each unit.
Workbook with CD-ROM
The English World Workbook offers extended practice to accompany the Student’s Book and contains the Workbook CD-ROM. Each unit has 10 pages of tasks and exercises to extend and consolidate the learning in the Student’s Book, with the revision pages reinforcing the material learnt.
The English World Teacher's Guides offer suggested warm-up activities for every lesson, clear notes to guide the teacher through the different activities, audioscripts for listening comprehension activities, answers to Workbook activities, suggestions for questions to ask at different points and links to more help with methodology.
The Teacher's Digibook contains a complete Student's Book in digital format, including Grammar Extra pages and Projects, audio files and answer keys, teacher training videos based on the Student's Book, methodology videos and author videos. This digibook is perfect for an interactive approach to teaching and allows teachers to customise material.
Exam Practice Book
The English World Exam Practice Book examines all four skills and use of English after every second unit. The format follows the task types that students will encounter in external exams and familiarises students with the range of questions that they will have to answer. Two term papers and progress charts are also included in the book.
The English World dictionary has been written specifically to support students; learning this level. It is a bridge between the style of the upper primary dictionary for English World 6 and a standard secondary dictionary. Clear definition and phonetic spelling for accurate pronunciation, along with simple example sentences with the given word.