Macmillan Writing Series
Provides the fundamental tools required for writing in academic contexts
Macmillan Writing Series is a 4-level course with step-by-step guidance and engaging practice exercises designed to teach young adult learners to write in English correctly and autonomously in an academic context.
By offering training in a range of skills, including how to brainstorm ideas and arrange them, write long and short-form texts and share information, Macmillan Writing Series provides students with the tools they need to master academic writing. The course gradually develops students’ writing, from basic sentence construction through to writing full academic research papers.
- A systematic approach offers clarity to students, helping them to organise their learning and develop skills in a comprehensive way.
- The end of each unit provides students with an opportunity to use the grammar and vocabulary, sentence and paragraph structures they have learnt in engaging writing tasks.
- The thematic approach helps students to learn vocabulary and apply it to their writing.
- The comprehensive Teacher’s Guide includes step-by-step notes and activities, a full answer-key and photocopiable peer review forms, as well as suggestions for extra learning activities.
- Each Student’s Book contains an appendix, complete with a verb chart that highlights irregular past tense verb forms and participles for easy reference.
Macmillan Writing Series Teacher's Guide
The Macmillan Writing Series Teacher’s Guide brings together the Teacher’s Guides for the Writing Sentences, Writing Paragraphs, Writing Essays and a Writing Research Papers conveniently into one book. Step-by-step guidance and practice in the basics of teaching writing in an academic context are highlighted throughout.
Academic Writing Student's Book
Written for intermediate level sudents who are preparing to study, or are already studying, in an academic environment and need to improve their writing skills. The course takes students from paragraph structuring to essay writing through a process approach.
Macmillan Writing Series Writing Essays
Writing Essays has been created for students who are preparing to study, or are already studying, in an academic environment and need to improve their writing skills. The course teaches learners how to order and link paragraphs into cohesive and coherent essays, and to create the various paragraph types that are used in writing assignments.
Macmillan Writing Series Writing Research Papers
Writing Research Papers is part of the successful Macmillan Writing Series. It introduces students to academic writing and shows them how to research an academic essay, cite references and put a paper together.
Macmillan Writing Series Writing Sentences
Writing Sentences introduces students to the most common and useful structures in basic written English. Each unit introduces relevant vocabulary and culminates with a writing activity that takes students through the steps of the writing process. Brainstorming, arranging ideas and writing short text are some of the activities included.
Writing in Paragraphs Student's Book
Writing in Paragraphs takes students from sentence formation to paragraph writing through a process approach.
This not only develops students’ paragraph writing skills, but also encourages them to become independent and creative writers.
Writing in Paragraphs leads naturally to Academic Writing.