Gateway 2nd Edition
Learning for life
Gateway 2nd edition is a 7-level course that leads teenage students to success in exams while equipping them with strong English language skills and knowledge they will need for further study and the world of work.
Praised for its clear and logical structure, Gateway 2nd Edition develops grammar, vocabulary and the four skills in a balanced way so that students can instantly use language in real-life communication. It offers a comprehensive and easy to implement approach to life skills training, enabling teenagers to thrive in the 21st century world. In addition, a thorough exam preparation programme improves students’ chances for better scores in school-leaving or international exams.
- Practising teacher and best-selling author David Spencer, who works with teenagers every day, draws on his first-hand experience to provide practical solutions for motivating students and making teaching effective.
- Life skills videos and tasks, covering topics such as Personal and Physical well-being, Citizenship or Social skills help to prepare teenagers for life outside the classroom.
- The innovative Flipped Classroom videos, which students can watch before class, feature grammar presentations by the author, allowing teachers to find more time in the lessons to focus on real-life communication and add variety to their teaching.
- Exam-style activities accompanied by the Exam Success tips provide numerous practice opportunities and ensure an in-depth understanding of the requirements.
- The Gateway to Exams sections allow students to revise the exam techniques they have learnt and practise typical exam tasks, thus making them confident to take their exam successfully.
Fully flexible course
If you teach remotely or would like to add an online learning element to your face to face classes, we have reconfigured and enhanced this course with digital components, making it ready for any scenario. The listing below shows you all of the components available for this course.
Student's Book Pack
The Student's Book Pack contains the print Student's Book with a strong exams focus and exams task familiarisation throughout the Student's Book. Access code to the Student’s Resource Centre is provided which includes the Class audio, Workbook audio, Life skills and Flipped classroom videos and a downloadable Macmillan Reader.
Student's Book Premium Pack
The Student’s Book has been updated to reflect changes to the A2 Key for Schools exam. It includes an access code for the Digital Student’s Book and Online Workbook as well as Student’s Resource Centre. With this blended version you can move effortlessly between online and face-to-face classes.
Digital Student's Book Pack
The Digital Student’s Book Pack provides an access code to the Digital Student’s Book and Student’s Resource Centre which includes the Class audio, Workbook audio, Life skills and Flipped classroom videos, Culture worksheets and access to a downloadable Macmillan Reader.
The Workbook mirrors the Student’s Book in its organisation, providing a wealth of extra grammar and vocabulary exercises and opportunities to practise reading, listening, speaking and writing. It also offers higher-level material in the form of Grammar challenge and Vocabulary extension exercises, particularly useful for mixed ability classes.
The Online Workbook provides interactive versions of the activities in the Gateway 2nd Edition Workbook, audio and Flipped classroom videos. The Online Workbook marks students’ work and collates into the Gradebook. Teachers can manage multiple classes, set tasks and monitor progress.
Student's Book Premium Pack
Gateway 2nd edition leads teenagers to success in exams and prepares them for further study. This fully digital solution gives access to the Digital Student’s Book and Student’s Resource Centre with Life skills and Flipped classroom videos, Culture worksheets and a Macmillan Reader. The Online Workbook includes interactive activities and audio.
Teacher's Book Premium Pack
The Teacher's Book Premium Pack includes the Teacher's Book and access to the Teacher's Resource Centre, Presentation Kit, Test Generator and all the digital student components. The Teacher's Book includes teaching notes, teacher development sections including advice on ideas for developing learning strategies and exam preparation.
Password protected files
All downloads are password protected. If you are a teacher and would like to receive the password, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Gateway Build up to B1 password’ in the subject line, and we will send you the password directly.