A two-level course which bridges the gap between primary and secondary language learning
- A highly illustrated story introduces the main vocabulary and topic of the unit
- Task-based activities, written in line with the CEF, practise and develop the four skills. Each unit finishes with the ‘Skills ticket’, designed specifically to focus on skills training
- Page focus on cross-curricular content learning
- The ‘Language stop’ sections actively encourage pupils to discover language and work out rules for themselves
- The Activity Book appendix contains wordlists and grammar reference charts for independent learning
Based on a highly illustrated story, the Top Deck Pupil's Book contains 72 full-colour pages and introduces the main vocabulary and topics of each unit. With cross-curricular content learning it is designed to actively encourage pupils to discover language and work out rules. Also includes songs, language games and speaking activities.
Activity Book + CD ROM Pack
The Top Deck Activity Book follows the unit structure of the Pupil's Book and offers a wealth of activities which practise and reinforce the vocabulary, structures and content taught. An appendix contains unit and alphabetical wordlists, grammar reference charts and learning to learn strategies. The pupil's CD-ROM offers interactive practice.
Teacher's Book + Resource CD Pack
The Top Deck Teacher's Book provides valuable support for teachers with an introduction to the course and its key features and step-by-step notes for all the lessons in the pupil's and activity books. It offers a variety of approaches to stories to suit class needs and the Resource CD contains photocopiable worksheets and assessment tests.