500 Activities for the Primary Classroom
500 Activities for the Primary Classroom is an indispensable collection of practical activities and ideas for teaching English to primary-aged children. Carol Read’s award-winning resource for teachers of children aged 4-12 reflects over 20 years of working with young learners, turning the classroom experience into a book. It aims to develop an awareness of the complex factors involved in working effectively with classes of children and to lay a solid foundation in primary language teaching skills.
- English Type: British English
- The book provides a fully comprehensive resource pack of activities for teaching primary children with minimal or no extra resources required, making them suitable for all students.
- Carol Read offers clear methodological content to help teachers understand the approaches behind the activities.
- Activities are grouped by type in easy to search sections, e.g. storytelling and drama, art and craft, reading.
- The collection of activities will be useful for those who are new to teaching young learners, non-language specialists, as well as more experienced teachers.
- Further advice, ideas and suggestions for additional reading are included to help teachers deepen their knowledge on the subject.