Beyond the Sentence
Describes the features and functions of different types of texts and shows how to incorporate them into language teaching. Examines what makes spoken and written text coherent and shows how an understanding of this can help students with work, study and exam language needs. Also provides practical activities for use in the classroom.
- English Type: British English
- Introduces discourse and text analysis in a straightforward way, and suggests ways to evaluate learners’ texts in more constructive ways.
- Takes discourse apart to show how it is organised and how this aids communication.
- Examines the features that make spoken and written text coherent.
- Suggests ways to help students work at the level of the text, backed up by practical, fun activities including ready-to-use photocopiable tasks.