Bebop is a 3-level pre-primary course that teaches English in a playful way. Through pairing music and movement with language practice, young learners gradually gain confidence to communicate in English.
This course uses a multi-sensory approach to teach English language skills in a way that recognises different learning styles and engages more than one sense. Bebop adopts an innovative approach to Total Physical Response (TPR) activities, by introducing systems such as American Sign Language to support children in learning vocabulary in a highly kinaesthetic way.
- The Bebop Band characters bring language to life, engaging children in learning through stories and songs.
- Early literacy concepts are introduced in a familiar way through storytelling and songs, presenting language in a meaningful context.
- Children practise their skills collaboratively through videos, Story Songs, Action Songs and Interactive Flashcards.
- Fun activities in the Bebop Band app and Parents’ Guide provide a way for parents to practise English with their child outside of the classroom.
- A dynamic component mix including a Teacher’s Resource Centre and comprehensive Teacher’s Edition Pack enables teachers to deliver lively and motivating lessons while considerably reducing preparation time.
Student's Book Pack
The Bebop Student's Book is composed of 8 units with each unit designed to be covered over a month of classes. Lessons consist of vocabulary, grammar, Storysong, story comprehension and literacy work, language practice, content-based Learning, Action Songs and reviews. There are also story board cut-outs which provide an interactive approach.
The Bebop Activity Books are all produced in large format for students to be able to use easily. Each book is 80 pages long and is composed of 8 units each with 8 lessons, thus mirroring the structure of the Student’s Books.
Teacher's Edition Pack
The Bebop Teacher’s Editions are all spiral-bound and interleaved with the Student’s Books pages. The Book begins with an introduction and is then followed by detailed sections on classroom management, musical development, digital materials, teaching with Total Physical Response and using American Sign Language to support language learning.
The Bebop Presentation Kit supports the teacher and helps deliver dynamic lessons. It features full page views of the Student’s Book and the Activity Book integrated with the multi-media aspects of the course.
Bebop Flashcards supports teachers in presenting new language. They include pictures of the new vocabulary words on one side and the printed words on the reverse.