A flexible general English course for adults and young adults
Move offers a short topic-based unit structure ideal for short intensive or refresher courses. Using a discovery-based approach to vocabulary and grammar, Move emphasises achievable language acquisition and practice for learners with limited classroom time.
Move takes a discovery-based approach to lexis and grammar, with an emphasis on communicative language acquisition and practice. Each of the three topic-based modules per level contains 15 hours of core material, and can be easily extended using the additional resources in the Teacher's Book and on the CD-ROM. This makes Move the ideal course for use on short intensive courses, as well as on longer courses with fewer teaching hours.
- Flexible course structure allows for content to be extended with extra resources and teaching notes from the Teacher’s Book.
- Each unit contains a Language Study section that follows a guided discovery approach, including examples that encourage students to notice language use in the real context.
- The Resource section includes worksheets for discussion lessons and extra language practice as well as placement, unit and module tests to support revision.
- Dedicated Vocabulary sections include lexical sets and phrasal verbs, and encourage students to take note of how vocabulary is used in accompanying listening activities.
- Review units at the end of each module offer stimulating additional practice, including Wordlists and Reference Pages which students can use in or outside the classroom.
Coursebook + CD-ROM
The Coursebook contains three teaching modules with each focusing on one overall topic. The language is recycled and tested over four main units and a review unit, with specific skills such as reading, writing and speaking all being developed through exercises. The CD-ROM offers extra activities and further language practice in an interactive way.
The Move Teacher’s Book provides straightforward and clear teaching notes, with answer keys and scripts inserted in the body of the notes for easy reference. A wealth of teaching tips, activity suggestions and revision ideas are included. The Teacher’s Resource section contains 24 photocopiable worksheets and a range of different tests.