Macmillan Vocabulary Practice Series
Vocabulary-focused practice books covering Geography and Science topics
Macmillan Vocabulary Practice Series is designed to supplement students’ learning of English by providing clear vocabulary sets on the topics of geography and science.
The clear, concise and informative series of books and CDs, Macmillan Vocabulary Practice Series is designed to help students learn subject-specific vocabulary. By placing vocabulary in context, students are able to make connections with grammar, learning how to use and apply language in real-world scenarios.
- This supplementary series is dynamic and adaptable, making it perfect for individual study or for use in class alongside any science or geography book.
- A transparent topic glossary with key headwords, definitions and phonetic transcriptions offers students a bank of vocabulary items to study in context.
- The Working with Words, Working with Sentences and Working with Texts sections encourage extra practice and help students consolidate new language and retain the skills they have learnt.
- It can be used as a reference tool to help students look up words they may be having difficulty with.
- Word-mapping tools, animations and pronunciation examples are included on an accompanying CD to provide students with more opportunity to practise and develop their vocabulary.
Vocabulary Practice Series Geography with Key
This Geography edition contains 18 units of various geography topics with engaging activities that help to consolidate meaning and ensure contextual understanding. Clear glossaries help to further student understanding and diagrams visually represent geography concepts. An answer key is included at the back of the book to review answers.
Vocabulary Practice Series Science with Key
This Science edition contains 28 units of various science topics with engaging activities that help to consolidate meaning and ensure contextual understanding. Clear glossaries help to further student understanding and illustrated diagrams visually represent scientific concepts. An answer key is included at the back of the book to review answers.