A topic-based course to develop strong reading skills
- 12 topic-based units in each level offer motivating and varied reading texts, engaging students in the learning process.
- Teachers can help students become successful readers through the reading skills development programme and step-by-step subskills practice while also developing other essential language skills.
- Learners can independently monitor their progress using varied self-evaluation pages in each unit.
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Notes and a useful Dictionary help to plan and implement highly engaging lessons.
- A variety of texts in each unit, alongside the Macmillan graded Readers story extracts allows students to improve reading skills in a meaningful and enjoyable way.
The Effective Reading Student’s Book contains 12 topic-based units that build on the latest research into what makes a good reader. It includes specific vocabulary work and fluency development and each level comes with a complete short story from the Macmillan Readers series.