Speak Your Mind
Better thinking and confident communication transforms lives
Speak Your Mind helps young adults to develop effective communication skills with a focus on speaking English in both local and global scenarios. It provides students with coping strategies designed to increase their confidence in a variety of situations.
Activities in Speak Your Mind encourage learners to consider other points of view, think things through, and then express their own ideas and solutions. Better thinking and processing of information leads to better speaking, equipping learners with the skills not just to survive, but to thrive and achieve their goals in life.
- Video content connects language practice to real life, including Follow a Pro videos that look at the lives of people working in a variety of professions, and in Levels 4 and 5 Skills for Pros videos that look at the skills needed by professional people.
- Speaking activities at the end of each lesson with Confident Communicator sections provide practical strategies for successful communication.
- Unit openers encourage learners to share their previous knowledge and Make It Yours boxes help them to personalise new language for their own needs.
- Flexible opportunities for on-the-go practice are provided with the Student’s App, encouraging busy learners to consolidate language in an engaging gamified environment.
- The ePlanner allows teachers to create the perfect syllabus to fit the contact hours available whilst an annotated Teacher’s Edition with accompanying Teacher’s App help to deliver truly engaging lessons.
Learn about Speak Your Mind
Fully flexible course
If you teach remotely or would like to add an online learning element to your face to face classes, we have reconfigured and enhanced this course with digital components, making it ready for any scenario. The listing below shows you all of the components available for this course.
Student's Book with Student's App and access to Digital Workbook
The Student's Book and Workbook has a robust skills, grammar and vocabulary syllabus with clear learning outcomes. Learn on-the-go with over 100 item-based activities for quick and flexible practice in the Student’s App. This version comes with access to the Digital Student’s Book and Digital Workbook for face-to-face and online classes.
Student's Book with Student's App
The Student's Book has a robust skills, grammar and vocabulary syllabus with clear learning outcomes. The Student’s App allows students to learn on-the-go with over 100 item-based activities for quick and flexible practice. This version also comes with access to the Digital Student’s Book for face-to-face and online classes.
Workbook with access to Audio
The Workbook provides additional support for the Student’s Book with print activities covering the course language, vocabulary and skills. It also includes access to the Digital Workbook and audio files.
Digital Student’s Book with Digital Workbook and Student’s App
Speak Your Mind helps young adults to develop effective communication skills.
This full digital version enables teachers to take teaching online instantly and confidently. It includes the Digital Student’s Book, Digital Workbook and access to ‘On-the-Go’ Practice through the Student’s App.
Teacher's Edition with Teacher's App
The Teacher's Edition includes a flexible Teacher’s eBook to allow for on screen lesson preparation. The Teacher’s App provides everything in one place including; the Classroom Presentation Kit, audio and video resources, photocopiables, Test Generator, and access to the content of the Student’s App.
Speak Your Mind sample video content
Materials to download
Extra worksheets in the Teacher's Resources (3 per each unit) cover topics from business, the sciences and service industries. Download sample worksheets for unit 6 Level 1.
To learn more about the importance of teaching thinking skills read Dr. Spencer Kagan’s article.
Use SPEAK YOUR MIND posters in your classroom or in your online lessons and help your students expand their vocabulary and develop better Thinking Skills and Life Skills.