Speak Your Mind
Better thinking and confident communication transforms lives
- Video content in Speak Your Mind connects language practice to real life, including Follow A Pro videos that look at the lives of people working in a variety of professions.
- Speaking activities at the end of each lesson with Confident Communicator sections provide practical strategies for successful communication.
- Unit openers encourage learners to share their previous knowledge and Make It Yours boxes help them to personalise new language for their own needs.
- Flexible opportunities for on-the-go practice are provided with the Student’s App, encouraging busy learners to consolidate language in an engaging gamified environment.
- Full teacher support with an annotated Teacher’s Edition and accompanying Teacher’s App helps to deliver truly engaging lessons with its easy-to-use Classroom Presentation Kit.
Learn about Speak Your Mind
Fully flexible course
If you teach remotely or would like to add an online learning element to your face to face classes, we have reconfigured and enhanced this course with digital components, making it ready for any scenario. The listing below shows you all of the components available for this course.
Student's Book with Student's App and access to Digital Workbook
The Student's Book and Workbook has a robust skills, grammar and vocabulary syllabus with clear learning outcomes. Learn on-the-go with over 100 item-based activities for quick and flexible practice in the Student’s App. This version comes with access to the Digital Student’s Book and Digital Workbook for face-to-face and online classes.
Student's Book with Student's App
The Student's Book has a robust skills, grammar and vocabulary syllabus with clear learning outcomes. The Student’s App allows students to learn on-the-go with over 100 item-based activities for quick and flexible practice. This version also comes with access to the Digital Student’s Book for face-to-face and online classes.
Workbook with access to Audio
The Workbook provides additional support for the Student’s Book with print activities covering the course language, vocabulary and skills. It also includes access to the Digital Workbook and audio files.
Digital Student’s Book with Digital Workbook and Student’s App
Speak Your Mind helps young adults to develop effective communication skills.
This full digital version enables teachers to take teaching online instantly and confidently. It includes the Digital Student’s Book, Digital Workbook and access to ‘On-the-Go’ Practice through the Student’s App.
Teacher's Edition with Teacher's App
The Teacher's Edition includes a flexible Teacher’s eBook to allow for on screen lesson preparation. The Teacher’s App provides everything in one place including; the Classroom Presentation Kit, audio and video resources, photocopiables, Test Generator, and access to the content of the Student’s App.
Speak Your Mind sample video content
Extra worksheets in the Teacher's Resources (3 per each unit) cover topics from business, the sciences and service industries. Download sample worksheets for unit 6 Level 1.
To learn more about the importance of teaching thinking skills read Dr. Spencer Kagan’s article.