Building skills for the real World
Get Involved! equips teenage students with the sense of excitement and appetite to explore the world ahead of them. It develops the linguistic skills and Super Skills, encouraging them to get involved in driving their future. The course also enables teachers to create an inclusive classroom where everyone reaches their potential and has an opportunity to shine.
What makes a hero? What is an ideal school? Why do people dress up? Each unit starts with a question to generate curiosity and ensure every student gets involved. Throughout the unit learners gain the knowledge, the language and skills to answer the question in the end-of-the-unit Collaborative Project. Completing the project gives students an opportunity to use the new language and skills straightaway.
- Get Involved! provides authentic contexts and empowers students to talk about real-lifeissues with confidence through the Collaborative Projects.
- Practical solutions for mixed-ability classes include Brain Teaser logical activities and Workbook exercises at three different levels of challenge so everyone can succeed and show their talents.
- Three genres of video in every unit expose students to English as it is really spoken and help them develop their language and visual literacy skills.
- Gamified activities on the Student’s App encourage students to practise English outside the classroom while teachers can monitor their work through the Progress Tracker in the Teacher’s App.
- With the fully flexible component mix, including a range of digital tools for teachers and students, the course is ready for teaching face-to-face, online or any combination of the two.
Fully flexible course
If you teach remotely or would like to add an online learning element to your face to face classes, we have reconfigured and enhanced this course with digital components, making it ready for any scenario. The listing below shows you all of the components available for this course.
Learn more about Get Involved!
STUDENT’S BOOK WITH STUDENT’S APP AND DIGITAL STUDENT’S BOOK
In each unit of the Student's Book teens gather the knowledge, language and skills to be able to answer the WDYT? (What do you think?) question that opens each unit. With this blended version, comprising the print and digital Student's Book as well as the Student's App, switching between online and face-to-face classes is an effortless task.
DIGITAL STUDENT'S BOOK WITH STUDENT'S APP AND DIGITAL WORKBOOK
This fully digital version of the Get Involved! course enables teachers to take their teaching online instantly and confidently. It includes the Digital Student’s Book, Digital Workbook and access to On-the-Go Practice and the Student's Resource Centre through the Student’s App.
WORKBOOK AND DIGITAL WORKBOOK
The Workbook provides additional support for the Student’s Book with print activities covering the course grammar, vocabulary and skills. It also includes access to the Digital Workbook and audio for the course.
TEACHER'S BOOK WITH TEACHER'S APP
The Teacher's Book provides everything needed for efficient preparation and delivery of classes, whether teaching in person or remotely. The Teacher’s App gives access to resources such as Teacher's eBook, Classroom Presentation Kit, audio and video, Test Generator and links to the Kahoot! quizzes.