The go-to course for exam preparation.
Optimise is the go-to exam preparation course for teenagers. It provides engaging lessons that equip students with essential skills and techniques to ensure their exam success. The course offers optimum support and guidance to teachers who work in a results-driven environment, whether they are experienced or new to exams-focused teaching.
Using a carefully staged approach, Optimise combines motivating, real-life topics with specific exam training, taking students from A2 to B2 Level. Written by exam experts Malcolm Mann and Steve Taylore-Knowles, the course builds strong foundations for success at A2 Key for Schools, B1 Preliminary for Schools or B2 First for Schools exams in their most up to date format.
- Students will develop a thorough understanding of requirements and master specific exam strategies with the Exam Skill and Optimise Your Exam tip boxes.
- The dedicated Optimise your Exams section in the Student’s Book, written by a practising Cambridge examiner, explains what to expect in the exam, focusing on skills needed for specific task types.
- Talk2Me videos present key functional language in a natural context and help students build the confidence to communicate fluently.
- The Speaking test videos, performed under true exam conditions, help students to understand the exam format so as to optimise their performance on the day of their exam.
- Teachers can provide support to their students preparing for A2 Key for Schools, B1 Preliminary for Schools and B2 First for Schools with the Practice Tests and the Test Generator.
The go-to course for exam preparation
Student's Book Pack
The Student’s Book Pack comprises the print Student’s Book, together with a code for the eBook (a PDF version of the Student’s Book with embedded audio tracks) and an access code for the Student’s Resource Centre, where students can download course audio, videos and worksheets.
Digital Student's Book Pack
The Digital Student’s Book Pack provides an access code to the Digital Student’s Book and Student’s Resource Centre with audio, videos and worksheets.
The Workbook (With Answer Key) provides further opportunities to revisit and consolidate the vocabulary, structures and skills students have already encountered in each unit. At the end of every Workbook unit, there is a Progress check. At the end of the Workbook, there is a full Optimise Practice test based on the Cambridge for Schools exam.
Online Workbook Pack
The Online Workbook provides interactive versions of the activities in the Optimise Workbook and audio. The Online Workbook marks students’ work and collates into the Gradebook. Teachers can manage multiple classes, set tasks and monitor progress.
Teacher's Book Premium Pack
The Teacher's Book Premium Pack includes the Teacher's Book and access to the Teacher's Resource Centre, Presentation Kit, Test Generator and all the digital student components. Tips on how to teach exam students, work with mixed-ability classes and extra teaching notes to further support students in their exam skills are all included.