Click through this presentation to get a quick overview of the course
Ferris Wheel is a 3-level course designed to give teachers all the tools they need to successfully manage groups of energetic pre-primary learners. With the engaging stories that pupils will instantly fall in love with, and the optimum level of support, teaching becomes both effective and enjoyable.
With the unique Hop on & Hop off approach teachers can either hop on and follow the unit sequence as it appears in the course, or hop off to cover them in the order they choose, aligning the English course content to any first language syllabus.
- Written by Carol Read, the award-winning young learners expert, Ferris Wheel guarantees sound pedagogy that works in the classroom, with simple to implement teaching ideas that make learning fun for pupils and teachers alike.
- Engaging animated stories and videos featuring the adorable Meerkat family and real children help to prepare young learners for primary education and promote life skills and values such as ‘sharing’ or ‘helping others’.
- With all resources in one place, available at a touch of a button, including Tap & Teach lessons powered by Navio, teachers can deliver clearly sequenced lessons requiring minimum preparation.
- A series of teacher training videos with demonstrations of classroom routines and tips equip both novice and more experienced teachers with instant skills and knowledge about teaching very young learners.
- Games and rewards in the Student’s App powered by Navio provide engaging language practice and motivate pupils to learn English also outside the classroom.
LEARNING POWERED BY NAVIO
Ferris Wheel comes with the Teacher and Student’s app on Navio. The immersive 3D worlds on this digital platform offer students a highly motivating way to practice and review their language, in class or at home. Learners receive immediate feedback on their progress and a fun reward system encourages them to complete the game-based activities.
HOP ON OR HOP OFF?
The unique ‘Hop on, Hop off’ approach gives teachers the flexibility to align their English classes to the local educational context and the needs and interests of their young learners. Watch he video to find out more!
TRY & TEST IT WITH YOUR CLASS!
Come and discover how Ferris Wheel helps students learn about values to develop social and emotional skills. All you need to try and test it for yourself is here! Click to access the interactive booklet with a package of materials including videos, audio files, worksheets and more!
HOP ON THE LEARNING WHEEL WITH CAROL READ
Sign up today to Hop on the Learning Wheel – a special place full of ready-to-use ideas and resources for your pre-primary classes!
- get great teaching tips to make your classes go more smoothly and save energy
- learn directly from Carol Read, the pre-primary expert
- keep your pre-primary classes fun and rewarding by watching short top tip videos on how to engage and support your students
- access exclusive The Wheels series instant resources to keep your classes fun and rewarding