English World is an internationally acclaimed 10-level English language learning series, seamlessly bridging the gap between primary and secondary education.
The course uses established best-practice methodology to encourage effective classroom teaching. Active, whole-class learning is supported by a systematic approach with a key focus on developing the four skills. Levels 1 to 6 of English World bring classrooms together by promoting and rewarding active participation. Using material from the authors of best-selling courses Way Ahead and Macmillan English, children will reach a high level
of competency at a steady pace with plenty of room for practice and consolidation.
- Exclusive Grammar In Conversation modules introduce new language in meaningful contexts, from simple exchanges to complex conversations.
- Children can learn English through a range of age-appropriate topics, increasing their general knowledge through cross-curricular content.
- Portfolio and Diploma pages allow learners to keep a record of their achievements, actively encouraging them to learn more.
- A Home-School Connect programme takes learning beyond the classroom and enables parent-teacher interaction.
- Supplementary Dictionary and Grammar Practice Books consolidate classroom learning and enable self-study at home.
The English World Pupil’s Book contains twelve units. Each requires eight teaching sessions and is designed to be taught over a two-week period. The key skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening are consistently covered throughout the course and are underpinned by the firm foundation of the grammar syllabus.
The English World Workbook continues on the fun and engaging activities from the Pupil’s Book helping to reinforce the exercises completed and material already learnt. The Workbook is designed to allow the children to work independently and the 'Learning to learn' section improves scanning and thinking skills.
Grammar Practice Book
The English World Grammar Practice Book contains further exercises to consolidate classroom learning and follow on from the Pupil’s Book and Workbook. It has been written for children to work on alone at their own pace and at their own level of ability. When the Grammar Practice Book is completed it becomes a useful reference and revision aid.
The English World Teacher's Guide contains step-by-step teaching notes for each lesson. These are arranged around facsimile pages of the Pupil's Book and Workbook, so that teachers can see how the material is intended to be used. Warm-ups for every lesson, Answer Keys for course components and useful classroom suggestions are also included.
Teacher's Guide + eBook Pack
The Teacher's Guide Pack contains step-by-step teaching notes for each lesson. Warm-ups for every lesson, Answer Keys for course components and useful classroom suggestions are contained within. Accompanying the Teacher’s Guide is a page-faithful, electronic version of the Pupil’s Book.