A carefully graded primary science course for 6-12 year olds
Macmillan Science is a six-level primary science course designed to meet the needs of international learners. The course bridges the gap between mainstream curriculum learning and CLIL or English medium learning. Each level promotes a modern pupil-centred approach to science learning with clearly structured lessons and carefully graded activities.
- Macmillan Science helps bridge the gap between mainstream curriculum and CLIL.
- A structured and easy-to-follow syllabus gradually builds knowledge of key scientific areas.
- Charts and graphic organisers encourage comparative thinking and ‘heads-up’ learning, with less time spent on writing or reading.
- Critical thinking skills are honed through a series of activities that involve investigation, evidence gathering and interpretation.
- Each Pupil's Book comes complete with a useful glossary to help learners become scientifically literate.
Student's ebook pack
The Student’s Book introduces and develops student understanding of science topics such as living things, materials and the physical world. The accompanying CD-ROM develops skills further through interactive activities, and an electronic version of the Student's Book is also included enabling more effective classroom presentations.
The Workbook reinforces the learning content in the Pupil's Book with fun, practical activities. Key areas of knowledge are built up gradually and thoroughly and clear learning outcomes make the purpose of each unit clear to pupils.
Teacher's ebook pack
The Teacher’s Book provides helpful guidance on the material and lesson planning. Useful advice and support is contained throughout, including student safety when carrying out experiments and engaging warm up activities. Answer keys for the Workbook, CD-ROM and End-of-unit activities are included, along with an eBook version of the Student's Book.