Selections New Edition
A six-level series of primary reading anthologies that foster a love of reading
Selections New Edition is a six-level series of primary reading anthologies which is designed to promote reading for pleasure and as a way of developing language knowledge. Each anthology is carefully graded to ensure the texts are appropriate for both the age group and language level. Each book is divided into twelve units with two or three reading texts in each unit.
This new edition is true to the original but has been enhanced with new sections in the Student Book and a fully revised Teacherâ€™s Edition. Now both the teacher and student can enjoy reading in a much more supported environment.
- A range of writing styles to expose students to a variety of writing genres
- Beautiful artwork and photographs to reflect and illustrate the texts, bringing to life adventure stories and practical activities
- Reading activity pages containing stimulating comprehension activities for every text
- An audio CD to enhance the studentsâ€™ experience as listeners and readers
- Improved and extended Teacherâ€™s Edition to highlight reading strategies and guide students towards effective reading skills
- Extra photocopiable materials
- A series of unit tests in the Teacherâ€™s Edition which test both language and comprehension
The Selections Student’s Book is suitable for six to twelve-year-olds and is broken down into twelve units. The book contains beautiful illustrations which are related to the text, and the ‘Comprehension Activities’ section provides students with a range of activities, making them perfect for homework assignments or quiet time in the classroom.
The Selections Teacher’s Edition has been greatly extended to offer support and resources for teachers and has been written with the aim of providing exciting and innovative ideas for using the texts in class. Step-by-step lesson plans and photocopiable material make it easy for the teachers and exams for each unit help to check student progress.